New on Sports Illustrated: Michael Visacki Makes Emotional Call to Dad After PGA Tour Qualification

Michael Visacki qualified for his first PGA event on Monday and was overwhelmed with emotion when he told his dad.

Michael Visacki went the first 13 years of his professional career without qualifying for a PGA Tour event. But on Monday at the Valspar Championship in Tampa, Visacki converted a putt he'll never forget. 

Visacki found himself far outside the fairway on his first shot of a playoff hole on Monday. But he quickly rallied with a clutch wedge shot, placing himself within four feet to save par. Visacki then converted the putt as he qualified for his first PGA Tour event. 

Visacki quickly called his father after the round to share the good news. Both Visacki and his dad cried through their call in perhaps the most touching moment of the 2021 golf season.

"I made it," Visacki told his father through tears. 

Viscacki touched on how impactful his parents have been throughout his career in an interview with PGATour.com's Ryan Fench following the round.

"They sacrificed everything for me," Viscacki said. "They have given up everything for me. They knew I was able to do it and they were always there for me. My dad cried, my mom cried, and I cried. My mom was driving when she called me, she had to pull over and she had to take a minute."

More Golf Coverage: 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

New on Sports Illustrated: The Patriots’ Post-Brady Era Begins Now

New on Sports Illustrated: NBA Draft Big Board 3.0: Top 80 Prospect Rankings

New on Sports Illustrated: NCAA Board of Governors Unanimously Votes to Extend Mark Emmert’s Contract